Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

20 weeks - Half Way There!



Whoooooaaaa Oh, We're Half Way Thereeeee....Whooooaaaa, Living On A Prayer...

Prayer # 1: Please Dear God let the dress fit...

I tried on my dress yesterday for the first time since "the bump", for Allison's wedding in TWO WEEKS. Oops, wow, it so does not fit. The seamstress can do nothing, but tighten the breast area. I can barely breath in it and I am PRAYING in two weeks it will zip up at least for the 20 minute ceremony. My zipper may be undone during pictures and I am so changing after the introductions to the reception. My poor sister in law. She may kill me! That is why I am not telling her (she has other things to worry about rather than my darn dress).

Prayer # 2: Please Dear God let our little girl be healthy

So yesterday, April Fool's, we went for our follow up Level 2 Ultrasound at St. Agnes. The doctor explained to us the bright spot (echogenic foci) was still there, but it didn't seem extremely concerning. Of course he had to give us the odds. My blood work from the Maternal Serum Test came back "negative", per Dr. Jones and the Doctor at the hospital said the chances of Baby Brady having Downs was 1:1720. With the bright spot, a soft marker for Downs, it brought my odds to 1:860, cutting it in half. I mean the math shows about 99% sure Baby Brady will be healthy when born. He did reassure us that it is not a heart defect, a birth defect, or even a heart problem, so that's good. We are just praying daily that our baby girl will be healthy.

So yes, they confirmed it yesterday, both the tech and the doctor...it's definitely a girl. Good thing, because Tim painted the room pink Thursday night and we have almost a closet full of baby girl clothes. We are so excited to know Claire Elisabeth Brady is on her way. She is going to be beautiful. Her side profile was just darling. Now her head on shot the tech took was a tad scary and we just laugh. Tim thinks she looks like the "Chuckie" doll and he's right, it almost does. She's scary looking with BIG round eyes (I guess the eye sockets) and a cute little mouth all opened. Almost like a ghost!

Today we went shopping and I just spent $200 on maternity clothes. My hubby almost choked on his coffee when he walked up, just as I was paying. Clearly I need some clothes to fit me as my pants soon will not even work with the Bella Band. Plus we're going to St. Lucia in two weeks an I needed some cute summer clothes. :o) Next week, I need to go get luggage for our fab trip that is coming up!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment