Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

If I had to give one word to describe her...

She's 7 weeks and the most curious little bugger. She loves to be held. By me. Me only. For now at least. She loves to be inthe know and see everything that is going on. Her favorite thing is seeing new faces, while in mama's arms. She really just would prefer to be carried on my shoulder then pushed in her shoulder. Today we went to the lake to walk with old friends and their babes. Claire was fussy to start and settled down, and fell asleep on my shoulder as soon as I placed her there. She was an angel the rest of the walk.

Right now we are working on learning how to develop a sleep time routine at night and getting her to sleep at least 4.5 hours at night. She's done it once so far and I am hoping it will come again soon. Bath time routine at night is nice but often she needs a bath in the morning too if she spits up throughout the night. I am currently reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child right now hoping to find some answers.


Claire's Milestones:

At about 4 weeks she started smiling, but not consistently. At 5 weeks we got consistent social smiles! She's been such a doll. This morning while in the bassinet I rolled over to her waking up and just laying there smiling, cooing and perfectly content while staring at the movement of shadows. She just melts our heart.

Right around the same time of smiling Claire started telling us stories. Well that's what we call them. I ask her to tell me a story and she responds with "coo", "ahh", "goo", etc. It's adorable.

Last weekend Claire met her great grandma and great grandpa from Buffalo. They traveled all the way down here to see her and it was a fun Saturday!

She now loves bath time. We do it in the sink without anything. Just me holding her and she pushes the edge and sometimes goes under the faucet if it's running (that's the only time she gets a tad upset). She lovessss to have the water run over her chest with a washcloth and she just relaxes completely with the water from the faucet running on her head. Then when it's time to get out she screams bloody murder because she's cold, wet, and hates to be changed into new clothes cold and wet. She settles down as soon as mommy picks her up!

We've been consistently using cloth diapers now for about a week. I use the disposables when we go out sometimes, but I used cloth yesterday at the soccer game and it worked wonderfully. It's nice to let her bum breath in a cloth fitted without a cover during the day (it's intense to learn about cloth, but not unbearable). We actually just ordered a few new fitteds that are ADORABLE. One came today and I am in love with her new poop catcher, so cute! I will do a post soon about the cloth diapers and what we use / do with them. I am actually in need of purchasing new cloth diaper safe rash cream for her. When I go back and forth her bum gets red and the newborn poo is just soooo frequent!

The dogs have been great with her with the exception of barking at every person/dog/car that goes by during the day. They are getting better and she sleeps through it most times unless she's overly tired.

Now I am going to eat her up for the next 5 weeks I am off of work for because today she is SEVEN weeks old. She has changed my life completely and I have never been so in love with someone as much as I love her. She is just the best thing in the whole wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment