Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Patrick John! April 26, 2013

Little Mr.Sunshine has arrived (April 26, 2013), a day later than his 20 week ultrasound dated him to arrive (April 25th), and a few days earlier than his original due date (April 29th). He is the sweetest, most content little fellow; we have been so blessed. Patrick John graced us with his presence at 10:15 am after exactly one hour of pushing. He started to let us know he was coming at 9:00 am, Thursday morning with contractions that were caused due to an extremely boring work meeting. Daddy and I decided to leave work a bit early to see if the contractions would subside or were the real deal. They did get closer and more intense throughout the day so we headed into the hospital to see if I had progressed since Tuesday cervical check. No such luck and Dr. J sent us home telling me to stay home from work Friday and if he hasn't arrived I could go to the Hebron - MR game I so desperately was trying to make. Turns out around 9:30 pm contractions were more intense and I just had a feeling if we didn't go in we'd be calling Dr. J around 3 am. And of course I feel funny waking anyone up in the middle of the morning even if it's because I'm in labor. We called Mimi up to sleep over with Sweet C and headed to the hospital. After an hour of walking I had dilated from 1-2 cm to 3-4 cm. Progress, YAY! So we were admitted and knew little man would arrive on April 26th. After two tries with the space for the epidural, which happened to take about 45 minutes (Tim was worried), I felt no more contractions and was in heaven. I dozed off and on for 2 hours, while Tim was able to manage almost 4 hours of sleep. When we woke, Dr. J arrived and checked me at 8:30 am. He was pleasantly surprised I was 10 cm and baby's head was real low. He asked where Tim had gone (he ran out to the car) and said to call him soon because I was probably about to push any moment. At 9:15 he left me start pushing. After several different types of pushing PJB arrived quietly and fairly smoothly into the world at 10:15 am. He weighed 8 lbs 13.8 oz and measured 19 1/4 inches long. He received an 8/9 on his Apgar tests and initially was taken off my chest to make him scream some more since he didn't seem to have the lungs his big sister had/has. He's been super content and was able to nurse immediately following delivery. The following hours he spit up a good bit of mucus which probably explains why he didn't come out scream, instead her swallowed some amniotic fluid. He finally starting nursing like a champ at 10:15 that night and has been super ever since. Claire Beth came to visit her "baby" and loves the new baby. Although she is not thrilled that he eats with mommy and she cannot sit on my lap too. Looks like Mommy is going to figure out a way to keep her content during nursing sessions all spring and summer long. I am pretty sure Claire is bummed Mommy hasn't been home with her and we are so looking forward to heading home tomorrow as a family of four. Our perfect little family of four. Our little Brady Bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment