Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Just Another Saturday

It.was.nothing.ordinary.

I.mean.nothing.ordinary.

So it started Friday night, with me swearing I was going to let Claire cry it out in the middle of the night. She's 6 months and clearly capable of sleeping through the night, but choosing to wake up her mama and snuggle. I love her to death and want to snuggle too, but I can't keep doing it with work every day. At her six month appointment Dr. S strongly suggested me getting her to sleep through the night with Tim helping in order to let her brain develop because that's when it develops the most. Well if that isn't enough to make me want her to sleep through the night, not even for my own sanity, but for her health, I don't know what else will convince me. My mom has been preaching to me for weeks about letting her cry. She's cruel, yes, I survived her parenting style and have lived to speak of the torture I cannot remember her enduring me with. Regardless, I failed at my second attempt at letting her stay in her bed and cry. I got up two times last night before pulling her into bed with us at 5 am. So needless to say I've been tired today.and.every.other.day.since.August.18th.2011.

Well Tim left with the dogs to go get the four wheeler at the cabin and I had lost/misplaced my cracked iPhone last night so I headed to my parents to see if it was there. I searched high and low, even searched trackapartner.com which lead me to my phone or so the website claimed...it showed two people doing something very naughty, hence the "trackapartner" web address, oops.

Yea, my high and low search ended after I emptied the contents of C's diaper bag and I found my cracked phone. After finding my precious, beautifully, cracked phone C and I headed off to Babies R Us and Target, only to agree to meet up with Erin for lunch. While we were eating, C, who's been constipated all week, finally smells! (yay, only a mother would attest to the joys of pooping) I run outside to grab a diaper and yep, i did it, I locked my keys in the car.

Fast forward 45 minutes the auxiliary police, Officer J, shows up and snakes my door unlocked, for free. I was beyond thrilled.

Oh and I nearly forgot that Claire threw her very first temper tantrum. At Target, yes, in public. She screamed bloody murder. I was getting her a few cute outfits and placed them on her lap in the stroller. While I was getting thank you cards, Claire placed the tag in her mouth and some of it tore off into her mouth. Greaaaat. I turned my head for probably 45 seconds. Yep, I then took it away and WAAAAHHHHHH! Waaaaahhhhhhhhh! Shriek. People were staring at us and I just kept trying to distract her with a different toy. She could have cared less, until of course I gave up my car keys. Anyways, I did tell Beth she just had her very first temper tantrum and it was pretty darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment