Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

1/1/11

What an wonderful date? Tim woke me up 30 seconds to midnight and had me watch the ball drop, gave me a kiss, and let me fall right back to sleep. I have barely been able to stay up past 9 o'clock most nights. I find myself on the internet reading posts from other pregnant August mommies. Or finding stuff for our wedding in two weeks. TWO WEEKS - can you believe it? I called my father in Washington and told him we are expecting, I also invited him to the wedding. Interesting response, for sure...really nothing until the end of the phone call when he asked me to name the child, if it's a boy, after him.

Well the boy name is already picked out and has been before we even knew we were expecting. But, we're not telling! It is a total secret. I am still trying to convince Tim to have some fun and let's not find out what the baby is...I think that is a fat chance and he wants to know regardless. Well maybe, our bunch baby will cross his/her legs and not satisfy the doctor or daddy. I'd like that very much. It would be my sneaky way of getting what I wanted. (Is Tim sure he wants to marry me? A lifetime of this...)

So, first things first, let me introduce myself. I am a twenty something year old who was thrown a curve ball when I woke up after my work holiday party December 18th. All the engaged and recently married gals were chatting how we'd all be taking maternity leave, the same time. I told them to bite their tongues, thinking, really I don't want to get into this now...let's get through the three weddings. Well, I had a panicked look on my face and one said, "Well, are you pregnant?" Of course I didn't think I was, but it would make sense why I was two days late and soooo sleepy. As I ran into the bedroom the next morning waving the stick in Tim's face, he was still asleep, confused, and didn't understand. I asked him to pleaseeee go get the most expensive pee stick at Rite Aid. He did. And sure enough a Big Fat Positive (BFP).

So fast forward two weeks and we've (well Mom and I) have planned a nice 11 am ceremony in the St. Louis Chapel and a luncheon afterward at Baldwin Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment