Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

3 Month Check Up




Although C is not officially 3 months old
until tomorrow we went to the doctor's for a weight check today. Last month she gained the minimum advised amount of weight at 13 oz from month 1 to 2. This month she gained 18 oz which is much much better! :) We aren't going to do any medicine to curb the spit up, yet since she's still gaining in the range and it's always a happy spit up. We are thinking she may have a mild intolerance to the milk protein (that does not mean she'll be allergic to milk!).



On the eve of my first day back to work, I am a mix of emotions. I am excited to be back at work and have a routine that is predictable, but I am going to miss the early morning smiles with my girl, the fighting naps during the day and preferring being in mamas arms, and I certainly will be sad that our time during the day will be cut in half due to me working. Clearly we cannot afford this lifestyle with one income (we tried it for four weeks while I wasn't getting paid and it was ugly - Tim has three extra jobs on top of his full time teaching position). Maybe one day I'll be able to stay home with C and future kiddos...that for now is just a dream!
Dear Sweet Claire,
I love you so very much and have enjoyed my 13 weeks at home with you. You have grown up before my eyes, so much and I adore the time we've spent together so far. I know it will be different with mommy at work, but you will have so much fun at daycare with "friends" and Miss N. She, I know, will take such great care of you! I cannot wait until the school bell rings at 2:10 because soon after that sound I will be rushing to see my pretty girl's sweet face. Please behave and don't forget mama loves you so very much!
Love,
Mom
Our little girl got to see Grandma again and meet Aunt Jeanie! She was quite the cutie pie who showed off her skills: talking all night long with grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment