Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Beautiful Loaf

Kitchen Aid Mixers are GRAND! Look at this beauty...I mean a pear colored mixer.


Today was my first day breaking this bad girl out of the box and putting her to work. Now I am typing this before I even sample the bread she assisted me in making (she does the hard work and I toss in "the goods").

An old friend of mine from my baby blue and yellow days (River Hill lacrosse) shared the recipe for cinnamon bread by "The Pioneer Woman". I saw Amber's BEAUTIFUL loaf on Facebook yesterday, yes: yesterday, and I just had to run out get the things I was missing and try it myself.

After a quick run to Target and a rolling pin, loaf pan, and dry yeast in hand, I was off to dig up my brand new Kitchen Aid mixer.

While reading the recipe I was realizing how insanely patient a breadmaker must be. This is not what I am all about, but hey, I am using the $250 mixer! This tiny inspiration, thanks Amber, got me reading the booklet that came with it and now I want to make homemade chocolate chip cookies, but I've run out of white flour (only whole wheat left - I wonder if whole wheat choco chip's would even taste alright?)

So now I wait for two hours...but first I must clean up my mess (as I had plenty of 10 minute breaks of "waiting" during this bread making preparation so it really isn't too bad).


(picture to be inserted as soon as it's uploaded)

Two days later...the beautiful loaf was a TOTAL BUST. For some reason the rising that was supposed to occur during the many hours of me WAITING - did not happen. Oh well! I guess if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment