Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

God Bless the US of A and our Men & Women who Serve!



Memorial Day is always a fun weekend, for one we have off work Monday and Friday is always nice because you know you have a long weekend. Lacrosse is always coming to an end during the last weekend in May with the College NCAA Championships. But while busy in our own lives it is a nice weekend to stop and think about the men and women who serve and have served this wonderful country.

As I, 28 weeks pregnant , relaxed in WV with my family in the blazing heat, near the river, I was able to reflect a little on those who protect us. I wish I did it more, pray for them, and think about the sacrifices they make to ensure my life, my husband's life, my parents, and siblings, and my soon to be daughter's life is safe. We owe them all the respect we have and the god honest truth is, we owe them our lives.

While up at the cabin on the Potomac River, my Grandma has a house sandwiched in between the tracks and the river with a beautiful piece of property the dogs are always in doggie heaven. While Monty was quite the devil... he still had fun! Even though the river was extremely high we found some safe cove for the pups to take a dive and cool off.






Tim and Pete enjoying the four wheelers!

No comments:

Post a Comment