Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thirsty Thursday's turn to Thirfty Thursday

My how times have changed. Back in the day, Thursday nights were the long awaited start of the weekend and everyone was thirsty. Today's Thursday sung a different tune. I got myself to Michael's, ran through the store grabbing a few things I needed to make the cutest darn wreaths for the baby room and off I went. I actually ran into an old friend from high school, Kelly Smith. It was so nice to see her and catch up, it's a shame our friendship slowly disappeared as we grew up. Which leads me to Thrifty instead of Thirsty tonight (well I am thirsty for water and probably will drink another 34 oz before bed, but that's besides the point).

Just a couple weeks ago I was at the Pink Cabbage, an antique craft store near my parents house. It has a billion little trinkets and the cutest things inside, everything is one of kind. I have gotten Claire's dresser, our dining room table, knick knacks, etc there. So sure enough every time I enter I find a new treasure. Two weeks ago, I found the cutest tulle wreath with cute little button brooches. It cost me $30, I think. As adorable as it is, it so is not worth $30 bucks, but I bought it anyways, with the excuse, "it's our first child right?!"


It looks oh so very cute in the room but I wanted to see if I could replicate it with a different twist, which led me to Michael's. I tried some cream and purple tulle and cute ribbon with faux flowers and a few other things. When I got home, with a glue gun in hand, I got to work. The final products are so very cute and I am very excited about them! Take a look and see for yourself, can you tell the difference between most likely a "pro" crafter's (above) wreath and my own creations by the amateur (both below)?

No comments:

Post a Comment