Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Spoiled (v): we'll use definition #5: Treat with great or excessive kindness, consideration, or generosity


I can't say it louder or enough. If Claire were to come early, I honestly think we'd be set! She has pretty much everything she needs. On Wednesday my department at school surprised me with the sweetest and cutest shower. We were able to get some cute outfits, a swaddling blanket, the "health care" kit, and two of our big items: the bouncer and jumperoo! Talk about spoiled!

Then on Saturday my grandmother's (how sweet) threw me another shower with some of their friends and a couple family members. Claire's gifts were piled to the top and opening each one was so exciting and fun. The clothes are adorable and everyone who did outfits were sooooo "experienced" because I got sizes from 0 months up to 18 months! How smart is that! We got the cutest little bear that speak the Lord's Prayer when you press her tummy under her praying hands (it's just precious). Claire has her first "teddy bear" and the cutest little giraffe named Jeanie.
We were able to get several big items at this shower which I was overwhelmed with gratitude towards my family (wow!): the crib bedding, the highchair, the car seat, a car seat base, the pack n play, and the BREAST PUMP, really!?! I mean what did we do to deserve all this. I mean I read a lot on The Bump and everyone talks about how it is completely the parents responsibility to fully fund the baby and the things you need, everything you get at showers are "gifts" and no one HAS to buy off a registry. I just can't believe that most things we asked for were off our registry! I was beyond stoked, excited, and speechless with gratitude.

Here are a few pictures of all the loot we escaped with (clearly extremely grateful and thankful for it all):

Her first personalized bib from Aunt Alli Jo & Uncle Alex:



Trumpette socks - the cutest things I've ever seen, from Miss Colleen & Mr. Jimmy:


A Prayer Bear that says the Lord's Prayer for bed time praying, from Miss Ann:


One of the cutest outfits we've received, from Grandma RoRo:

No comments:

Post a Comment