Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th: A Buffalo Tradition

On our way...

and 60 minutes later Monty and Sullivan have broken through the "METAL GATE" meant to keep dogs out...so much for that contraption.

We're here...and the boys are thrilled to see their Grandma & Grandpa
Here's Monty getting Grandma lovin'


Well a little secret to go along with this post: last year Tim and I got into one enormous fight (argument, whatever you call it) about the time the bars close in Angola. Mickey Rats, the "one and only" beach bar in Angola, NY is the fav hangout of all Western New Yorkers, young or old. The beach (at the lake) is always crowded on this weekend and the bar itself is jammed with college, fake id holding, under-aged drinkers, as well as, thirty somethings who think they are still in college, probably. Anyways, we got into our largest and most intense fight, obviously after an entire afternoon and evening of drinking, possibly heavily. I was tired and I didn't want to stay out until 4 in the morning, when the bar closes. Anyways, I am happy to state, there was no fight this weekend.

We spent a lovely day at the lake/beach on Saturday then went to Kara & DJ's wedding. Kara, Tim's high school friend, looked stunning and gorgeous. The venue was amazing and the food was delicious. Probably the best buffet food I've had a wedding.

Some fabulous shots of the stunning event:

The lovely bride & groom


My Hubby & I


His girlfriends from high school, and no not those type of girlfriends!


Tim & his gang from Buffalo


How pretty are these centerpieces:


Such a fitting picture since I received my Social Security card in the mail with my new name on it:


Sunday was my baby shower that my mother in law, Laurie, threw for me. Jeanie, Tim's sister helped out and it was hosted at his Aunt's house! The diaper cake was a hit made by Aunt Eileen, it's my favorite,


and I now want to make these for a living, they are so stinkin' cute. I was thrilled with the generosity by so many people and little Claire bear is now even more spoiled. Some of my favorite gifts included the absolutely most precious Baby Gap clothes from Tim's cousin, Judy. To top off that gift they are all in size 12 months - 18 months or 2 years. AHH, I am so excited to have a couple outfits in her closet for later down the road. The baby sound machine seems to be a novelty item that I THINK will pay off big time. Thanks to my MIL and SIL I am thrilled to get to use that at nighttime and naptime. I might even test it out myself in my bedroom :o) Lastly, Tim's aunt Joyce gave us an absolutely adorable 6 month outfit, that I want her to wear all the time because it's so precious. I also was overwhelmed by the generosity of Tim's family and girlfriends!

The favor Jeanie's Mother In Law designed, decorated, and made! How sweet:


The pups, I think, had a blast because Sullivan has now been sleeping the entire car ride home which was 7 hours minus the 10 minute break he took to go pee-pee and he's continuing to sleep on the sofa. He must have ran a lot of circles around the shed this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment