Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Class 1: Hypnobirthing The Mongan Method

So I decided to go with the method of hypnobirthing to welcome baby Claire to the world, I wish I could say Tim & I decided together, but honestly it was just me telling him this is how I want to do it. Yes, I have heard from every nay-sayer and negative-nelly about how horrible and painful and fearful labor & delivery can be and is and what the heck am I thinking?!? But remember back many, many years ago woman had babies painfree, medfree, on the side of an embankment all while afterwards walking back to their villages and moving on with their new lives baby in tow. Our bodies are made to do this.

Why do the uterine muscles work so differently then our other muscles, well duh if you were to go run 5 miles and haven't done so before and were not training you'd be sore in all the used places, right? It's not like you pop out a baby every day so yea, clearly, your uterine muscles are going to be sore. Tonight we learned it is possible to have a pain free, med free birth if you work with your body and you change the "negative" talk into more positive and happy phrases. So from now on I am not going to use the word contraction, it's a uterine surge, and there is no need for me to think of the word PUSH, in hypnobirthing language all you do is breath down the baby.

I know some of you reading probably think I am a weirdo, freak, but honestly I just watched two births with two different women who gave birth in less than 3 hours without screaming and panting and looking as if they are going to rip someone's eyes out, all without drugs. I really don't want drugs. I've never done a drug in my life, ever, and although I know these are medically acceptable drugs, I really don't feel comfortable with them. I barely like taking Tylenol for a headache, no really, I'm serious, I usually fight off a headache on my own with water and rest.

Anyways, as interesting as it may seem and sound why woman choose to go natural, I find it just as interesting as why women who have been made to give birth 1/3 of the births in America end in a C-section. That's 33.3% of births. That's entirely too high. C - Sections are major surgery...really you'd prefer that?!

As I am on a high to have a happy, joyous, healthy, quick, comfortable, relaxing, birth with an easy recovery, I will be thinking the entire time from now until Claire is here: I don't want to hear your negative birth story, my body was made to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment