Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Starting Weekly Dr Appointments! (35.5 week Update)

Yes it's finally here. For the next 4.5 weeks I will seeing my Doc every week! Can you believe it?

Today's stats (I actually didn't get them all because it literally was a 10 minute appointment and since all was well I didn't mind not knowing):

Weight gain from last dr appt (two weeks ago):
0.75 lb - I guess it's just the summertime heat causing me to just gain baby weight! I hope all of that went to our little girl.

Heartrate: fine (I forgot to ask for the deets!)

My blood pressure: normal (forgot to ask for the specifics on this as well)

Convo with Doc:

Doc: You're doing great, keep doing everything you've been doing.
Me: Did I gain weight?
Doc: Well, yes, you are up a total of 21 lbs which is great with 4.5 weeks to go.
Me: Okay (thinking...not quite because that's only .75 lbs in two weeks - oh well!)

Me: So do you think I'll make it to the end?
Doc: Well, yes, if you happen to go into labor on August 14th, so be it...who cares?
Me: True that's fine with me.

Doc: Internals won't even start until 38 weeks.
Me: (thinking YESSS I am actually happy about not knowing any progress until I am about to go...

Me: Did you hear I went to L&D two weekends ago because I panicked that she wasn't moving normally?
Doc: No...when was that...
Me: When you weren't on call.
Doc: Oh what time, I actually was called in that night for a delivery.
Me: 4 pm, I was there for 45 minutes...they sent me home, she started moving as soon as I got hooked up to the monitors and all seemed totally normal.
Doc: You are in for it. She's already a little diva.
Me: I know, my mom probably is thinking Paybacks a ...(fill in the blank).
Doc: Yep, paybacks are a you know what.

Haha! He's so great. Totally chill and definitely has not made me worry once during this pregnancy even when I had an ultrasound picture showing she had 6 toes. Yes...really I swear I saw 6 toes. He was furious the u/s tech gave me the image. But I reassured him I heard babies born with extra toes can have very easy corrective surgery. I don't really think baby Claire has 6 toes, but if she does I will have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment