Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Nursery Progress





Just a few more things are needed for the nursery, but I am so excited I want to post it now. We are waiting for the rug (ordered and shipped), a bookshelf for next to the dresser (searching Old EC soon and the Pink Cabbage again), an ottoman of some sort (I stalk etsy and am thinking of buying an old one at a yard sale and recover it myself), and also a hamper (I just want a pink or purple wicker basket).

Tim helped me over the weekend in hanging up the rest of the things on the wall for baby Claire. I am innnn love with how this turned out. The mirror was a steal from The Pink Cabbage near my parents home (a cutesy antique store) and the shelf was something I purchased at Home Goods a year ago and never hung up in the house. The clock is from Babies R Us for $27, I couldn't beat the price for its cuteness! And the little birds are from a seller on etsy! The best part of it all is the little blue sleeper that actually has a bunny on the left chest. This is Tim's sleeper he wore home from the hospital: his coming home outfit, 31 years old!



The piggy bank on the changing pad will be moved once we have a set of shelves to display it! Inside the basket are a bunch of washcloths which may eventually be used as cloth wipes and covers for Claire's bum when we use prefolds in the newborn stage!




Since my mom said she did not have my coming home outfit anymore we discussed finding an old one for sale and hanging it next to Tim's sleeper and pretending it was mine. Instead my mom found a cute little handmade pillow someone gave her when I was born. It's cross stitched with an A in the middle and looks beautiful sitting on the rocker.



Lastly the picture at the end shows our first dresser drawer where we are storing our cloth diapers and prefolds. I just spent some more money on several newborn fitteds and I'll be adding them to our stash once they arrive :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment