Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Second Thoughts

As the arrival of baby Claire becomes more and more real, I am second guessing my decision of having a natural birth. Hmmm...we had class last night and although it's nice, I am just not being sold on all the relaxation techniques. I mean I believe them, I can get there, but I have no "surges" (contractions) while I am doing them. You know that time when you've been in so much pain (everyone's had horrible pain once in their life), I am just not sure if what these "pains" are supposed to feel like I can do it without the pain mads.

I am having a hard time deciding, so I think I'll just go in with an open mind. No set "birth plan" I already told my doctor I am open to whatever I need and whenever in order to deliver a healthy baby girl. I will not be one of those crazies who says you can't deviate AT ALL (that was decided a while ago).

I just watched A Baby Story and the mom was so calm with her epidural and it looked so stress and pain free. I'm just afraid of the epidural. I fear I'll be the 1 person out of the 2000 that will have adverse affects. This seems like the least amount of fun part of pregnancy - making decisions when you have no clue what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment