Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Shabby Chic Shower that Mimi is Throwing...is today!!!

So today marks 36 weeks (see picture below) and the last baby shower for little Miss Claire. This morning I woke up at 12:44 am to pee (Tim was still up watching movies in bed), then again sometime around 2:30, I think, then finally ten of 5 am. At that point I got up and stayed up. It's getting a tad uncomfortable to sleep with this big Miss Claire belly in the way. I try my hardest to stay on my left side, like they recommend because of the vena cava that runs down your right side, but sometimes I wake up on the right side and sometimes even on my back. I figured I'd just get up anyways. I miss sleeping on my stomach, finally after 36 weeks pregnant I am complaining about something.

Yesterday I had a wonderful massage, so I can't complain too much because it was joyous and lovely and just what the doctor ordered. I am a tad sore I think from it, but it at the time it was perfect. I think I may squeeze in one more before I deliver!

Back to the shower today, my mom is hosting it at her house with about 30 people. It should be a very nice time and a lot of fun. I know she's worked hard on the food, decorations, and even some games. I brought over a bunch of things that are in Claire's nursery to help set the mood of "shabby chic" and my mom made the cutest of cutest favors, I've ever seen! I am soooo excited to see friends I haven't seen for a while, while we celebrate the awaited arrival of Miss Claire Bear. I started this post early as I said, I've been up since 4:50 am. I will finish it later tonight after the big event!

The next morning after going through all our goodies of pretty pink stuff:

Wow, what an event...my mom sure does know how to outdo herself. I suppose she's had a lot of practice this year with hosting showers or attending them given the fact we did all my wedding stuff, Allison's wedding stuff, and my baby stuff within 5 months (WOW!). Anyways, she'll be a pro for Peter's little wife, whenever she may pop in the picture.

The morning/day was just lovely. We had a wonderful brunch spread of french toast casserole, hash brown casserole, a huge fruit salad (without pineapples - Sada was in heaven - she's allergic), quiches galore, muffins, and more. It was delicious.



Then around 12 we gathered around and played ONE, yes only one, baby shower game. I am pretty sure no one else has ever played it which made it little more fun than the typical games. It was a Alternative Book Name game of all the classic Children's books. Of course I had a feeling Sarah Slaf would come out with the win. So did my mom's coworkers: Brett, Meredith, and Diane. The best answer by far for the "Be Off Pooch Be Off" was Sarah's "Shoo Dog Shoo" response...when in actuality the answer would be.... GO DOG GO.

As I began opening my gifts was so excited by the many wonderful children books Claire will get to read with her mommy and daddy - they're just lovely. One in particular, Time For Bed", was from on of my lacrosse players. The inscription was enough to make me teary eyed and sad she wasn't there to see that special moment. When I got home and unpacked I started reading the book and fell in love. I will most certainly be reading that to Miss Claire today.


The greatest part about the books we received was that I had only two duplicates. Earlier I had received a Goodnight Moon (classic) and I got another - but really it's one of the best baby board books ever. One will go in the bookcase/basket/chest and the other will stay at Mimi's or in the car or the diaper bag. The other duplicate was The Giving Tree - which is just obviously well known as a the "perfect" book. It's such a wonderful story and I cannot wait to read it to Claire, clearly great minds think alike because what a classic that one is. Even Alex & Allison sent up a few books for baby Claire even though they couldn't be there. My mom did explain to me Alex said there was no significance in any of his choices, which surprised me because Alex totally seems like the book wiz who has a favorite childhood story...(nope just favorite childhood song: Somewhere Over the Rainbow).

The generosity of my friends and family is just overwhelming and thankfully I haven't been the easily sensitive, and overly emotional (in public) pregnant woman so far, so no tears. My friend Kate actually KNITTED a little hat for Claire - it's PRECIOUS, like the cutest thing I've ever seen. She might even make one with little girly skulls on it (I am sooo excited). Other friends got me the Kokopax carrier which was a must have for me because it will be perfect for lacrosse, walks with the dogs (no stroller), and cookouts etc when she can hold her head up and is a little older. Katie and her mom got me the ERGO which is another must have from all previous mamas. They say it's the BEST carrier on the market. I am thrilled that Petunia Pickle Bottom came out with a few patterns of it, I just love it!
The clothes and socks and blankets galore were in abundance and oh so cute! Erin, my old roomie, made me a diaper cake with a ton of essentials, it was perfect with white onesies, bath wash, shampoo, lotion, and the cutest little headbands!
The soothe and glow seahorse another item I wanted, but I never put it on my registry was given by my mom's coworker/friend and I am thrilled. Claire will love it and so will we when she behaves like a good little girl and goes to bed with her seahorse friend! Miss Karen, my mom's high school friend, got us the humidifier which I am thrilled about, now I need to run to the Pink Cabbage and get a cute end table to place in the corner of the room! I mean this is just a few of the items I received off the top of my head. There were sooooo many more wonderful things. Gosh, this little peanut is super spoiled, already!

No comments:

Post a Comment