Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 8, 2011

First Night Where I Got a Taste of Claire IRL

In Real Life (IRL), when Claire arrives I've read and been told about the lack of sleep. Last night was the first night where I got a taste of it minus her sucking on my boob (ouch - slightly nervous about that too). I usually wake up at somewhere between 2 and 3 am to go to the bathroom: story of a pregnant woman. After I wake up I usually easily fall right back to sleep even if she's up and moving, but last night was different. I couldn't get comfortable and she certainly was relentless in the womb, moving every which way, kicking, tossing, turning, punching, and then some. I couldn't fall asleep so about 15 minutes later I went downstairs to get on the computer. Stayed downstairs until about 3:48 am and tried to call back asleep, which I eventually did while she continued to move around. I think I got a little taste of nighttime feedings last night. Am I ready? Most likely not and I probably never will be until after I have numerous nights of practice. I don't even know if I have the right amount of clothes? We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment