Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Stroller Saga

We are finishing off the last of the must haves before baby arrives. Although most things we NEED we already have and really probably do not NEED anything else for a tiny little 7 pound baby.

Sweets is going to buy the nursery rug tomorrow, but since the room is so small we only need a 3 x 5 and it's on clearance at The Land of Nod. I sent Tim three choices and he picked this one:
Isn't it cute?!

I just purchased the stroller after Tim and I looked at the color choices online. I gave him two color choices: Maya Yellow or Cole Blue. He said it was a no brainer - duh? Blue... then I told him it was $54 more expensive than the yellow and he changed his mind saying you can see the yellow at nighttime better :o) He's so clever!

Well yes, we are those crazy people who just spent a fortune on a stroller. My reason for it is twofold - one we have been so fortunate that most other items we need have been purchased, two we've gotten several generous gifts of money at our showers, and lastly, this stroller rocks and the reviews are just sick. Do we really need a $500 stroller, probably not, BUT we will use it until she's 50 lbs that's like 4 years old or so I think! Andddddd we can add another seat to it so when we have a second, if Tim wants to go through Pregnant Amanda again, we won't have to buy a new double stroller all over again. Anyways, I have a thing for cute, expensive things. Sooo we ended up purchasing the Special Edition UppaBaby Vista stroller off of Albee Baby because it was on sale for $200 off the regular price :o)...for $499 with free shipping and no tax. Yay!

Oh yea and I forgot to mention it comes with a bassinet! I am psyched about it, so posh!

No comments:

Post a Comment