Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

2 Weeks Today

Claire Bear is two weeks today! She is growing like a weed (well not like a weed), she's putting on the L-Bs like a champ. My sweet C went to the doctors today and Dr. M said she looks "great" and he just kept saying it to us: how "great" she looked. We measured her head to toe and she was 20.5 in (still). And we measured her head circumference for that nerdy science brain and it was 13.75 inches. And lastly they weighed her in, NAKED, she topped the scale at 7 lbs 9 ounces, WOWSERS! My girl just gained 12 ounces in 9 days. She's a very good eater!

Our sweet C met her grandma and grandpa from Buffalo yesterday and she is such a cuddle bug with grandma. She loves the special attention because she is being held during most of her daytime naps. I think mommy is going to have a hard time trying to break this habit when they leave, but everything I keep reading says you cannot spoil a baby under the age of 2 months. So I think I am safe, for now.

Over the weekend, Claire experienced her very first hurricane, Hurricane Irene which took up the East Coast causing a lot of damage and flooding all along the coastline. We got some pretty bad wind and rain which caused most people to lose power, including us. We got power back on Monday, but schools were out Monday (the first day back for students) and my school was even out for Tuesday as power had not been restored. It was quite an experience feeding C in the middle of the night by flashlight or her glowing seahorse (thank you Brett and Harper)!

Anyways, this Labor Day although I am not working I will be spending most of the weekend with family. Tim's parents are here until Saturday and my brother and sister in law come in late Friday night! I am so excited for C to meet her Auntie Alli Jo and Uncle Alex! I'll post an update with pictures from the weekend, once I load them!

No comments:

Post a Comment