Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sunshine and Tummy Time

Claire turned three weeks old on Thursday and we've been having so much fun with her. She is the reason I wake up everyday (literally and figuretively) and she is the reason my heart feels so much more love than I ever imagined.
Sometimes I catch myself just staring at her while she sleeps or checking on her even though I can see her through the monitor when she naps. I even notice that I long for her even when she's out of my arms or sight for a couple minutes. Clearly, a mother's love.

Today for the first day in nearly a week we had sunshine and boy was it nice, even though I didn't really venture outside. I did however get the chance to try out our new wheels on our stroller with Claire until she decided to be a fussy pants, so we turned around. It seems that in the evenings she just wants to eat, eat, and eat (well today, at least). So now she and I sit in the dark living room while she "naps" on the boppy and daddy is upstairs watching football (I banned him from her because he is claiming he feels sick). Wow, did he just find the way to get off the hook in the middle of the night (I think so!).




Tummy time is a must per the pediatrician's orders so every day we try and get plenty of it in whether it's on my chest or actually on the ground or couch. She even loves laying on her back and looking at the sights in her crib, or sitting up nice and tall on mom's shoulder and scanning her surroundings. She certainly is an alert little girl and is very curious already.

Tomorrow the plan is to let daddy go watch the Bills game in Canton with his friends, while mommy introduces the newest addition to her favorite NFL team, the Ravens. We are going to head down into the city with a purple cardigan, because her Ravens onesies will not fit until playoffs (when it counts), to experience her very first tailgate with her Mimi, PopPop, and Uncle Pete! Hoping for a very restful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment