Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sleep is Overrated

A direct quote from my dearest daughter, Claire. She clearly thinks nighttime is wake time and daytime is sleepy time. Nice - not that her days and nights are mixed up, the pediatrician just says that's how newborns are. She is the cutest little peanut and I love her so very much, but how can a baby only sleep for 45 -90 minutes at a time ALL DAY LONG.

You know the new TV show on NBC: Up All Night with Christina Applegate, it probably is foreshadowing my life to be...oh boy! I think Tim and I are in for it with our little diva.

I must say she is eating like a champ for weighing in on Thursday at 7 lbs, 9 oz, and quite honestly I swear she's gained a few more ounces, because I think she's starting to feel like a brick when I pick her up.

Some of my favorites that Miss Claire does:

arching her back and head while moving her head, with pursed lips, side to side
completely rejecting the pacifier like we are about to murder her with it so she swings pretty hard for a 2.5 week old at it
when she realizes she is going to get fed, she roots like crazy with a satisfied look on her face (Thanks, Mommy)
when she is pooping - yes pooping - she is actually quite adorable: she scrunches her little forward, stares ahead, which is followed by a little push and some musical notes from her behind....oh so cute
oh and I just love her wide open eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment